KMA-24H (-70 series) Audio Panel and Intercom
Take control of your radio stack, and communicate better in the cockpit din! The KMA-24H is a variation of the standard King KMA-24 audio panel. The "H" version replaces the straight KMA-24's marker beacon receiver and marker beacon lights with a five-place intercom.
This intercom operates in the following modes:
- Hot mike - each microphone is always open
- Voice activated (VOX) - a microphone opens when its user speaks (with adjustable sensitivity)
- Keyed activation - an external key (not included) must be pressed to open a microphone
The pilot's microphone always has priority, muting the other intercom microphones when transmitting.
Other features include:
- Emergency mode (EMG) connects the pilot's headphones and microphone to COMM 1 in the event of a malfunction or power failure
- "Auto Comm" automatically switches the headphone audio to the selected transceiver
- Two unswitched inputs may be used for warning or notification audio signals
The KMA-24H -70 series has the following switch positions:
- 4 or 5 COMMs
- 2 NAVs
- 1 or 2 ADFs